Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on Aironet 2600 Accesspoint

usantellani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm currently investigating on Aironet 2600 accesspoints.

There are two model numbers, CAP2600 for controller based and SAP2600 for standalone/autonomous.

My question now is, when I purchase a SAP2600 (=autonomous model), can I later convert it to run on a WLC and also back again to autonomous when needed?

Thanks in advance,

kind regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here are the instructions if you do need to convert.  This is Leo's favorite link:

Using a TFTP Server to Return to a Previous Release

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Illsley
Level 3
Level 3

Yes you can.  Look up the procedures but they're simple enough, the only thing I'd make sure is that you can access the APs physically especially for the lightweight to autonomous move.

Thanks

Chris

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here are the instructions if you do need to convert.  This is Leo's favorite link:

Using a TFTP Server to Return to a Previous Release

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Ok thanks, so the procedures are the same as with the older models. I just wasn't sure about that.

Yes it is

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Here is a video also:)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/videos/2089

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

LOL

+5 Leo for your link I borrowed:) haha

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card