cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Radio Interface Reset and Shutdown Frequently

JESSEWANG1
Level 1
Level 1

As recently - we have found that the radio interface reset very frequently which has been happening several times within this month for one AP on average. Some of those (5 AP so far) got the radio interface down eventually and we need to  reload the AP to make it up again.

AP Model AIR-CAP1552E-A-K9 and Software Version 7.4.121.0.

How to resolve it?

Thank you

Jessie

7 Replies 7

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI Jessie,

Could you please paste the output from the AP console, so that we can find out the root case.

Regards

Don't forget to rate helpful posts

this is an outdoor AP. besides output from console. what else I can give to you?

Thank you

Jessie

Hi,

As of now, only provide the output of the AP console.

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Are both of the radios getting down (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz ) or only one of these?

802.11b/g/n and 802.11a/n both went down

gohussai
Level 4
Level 4

Run the Following commands for both radio.

ap#dot11 <Radio Interface> carrier busy

ap#show dot11 carrier busy

802.11g = dot11Radio 0
802.11a = dot11Radio 1

The AP will shutdown the respected radio interface when you issue this commands and will scan all respected channels and report back with a percentage of channel activity. The channel activity collected includes activity from both 802.11 traffic and interference also sometimes called RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) which may lead to problem your facing at the moment.From there you get to know the actual issue. May be you need to change the channels plus the Max capacity of clients connections.

Hope this will be helpful.

ALIAOF_
Level 6
Level 6

I have had that happen too with 2600 series AP.  In my case issue was the DHCP was setup on the IOS Router.  And when the lease would get renewed after couple of days or so it would reset the interface.

I changed the lease to "infinite" and that fixed the issue.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card