Views
Helpful
Replies

Random client dissociation with WLC

sacapano
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

what is the possible random client dissociation with WLC?

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Bad client device, lack of coverage, interference, wrong configuration.  There are a lot of reasons that can cause a client to have issues.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks  Scott, I will review the logs, will update once I see something.

The main thing when troubleshooting is identifying the issue and then seeing if you can replicate the issue.  Identifying if the issue is with a specific device, specific device NIC firmware, specific SSID or location, can help you understand what other test you need to do.  Logs from the debug of the client can help, after you eliminate some variables.  Its like...."my car is making noise".  Does it make noise when its off, starting the car, while driving, when stopped, when turning, when turning off the car, does it happen all the time, when its cold or maybe hot..... you see where I'm going with this.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@sacapano wrote:
what is the possible random client dissociation with WLC?

I would start with "get the story straight" other than trick question(s) like "what is the possible random client dissociation with WLC".  

1. What, EXACTLY, is the problem? 
  2. What firmware is the controller running on?
  3. What are the different APs used?
  4. Isolate and identify what wireless clients are affected (based on OS or SSID or location).
  5. What, EXACTLY, is the error message being displayed? 
  6. What radio are the issue(s) more prominent?
  7. Have you VERIFIED and replicated the issue?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card