Helpful
Replies

Regarding Authentication and country code questions

jain.manish94
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Team,

I have 2 questions.

First, the country code exchange process happen in which state during AP joining process to Wlc. ?

Second, if i am using central authentication and local switching in my controller and ap is in flex connect mode and there are 5 users who are connecting right now but in case my wlc goes down what happen if 6th want to connect , will it authenticate or not ?

And what about 5 users which are already connected. ?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Doesn't really matter what step the mismatch country code happens, its an exchange and either the ap is allowed or not. To answer your question on clients, it depends on how the client is authenticated and if the wlan is local or centrally switched. Take a look at this link as it has a matrix of what happens with clients depending on auth type. (table 7-1 & 7-2) https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-5/Enterprise-Mobility-8-5-Design-Guide/Enterprise_Mobility_8-5_Deployment_Guide/ch7_HREA.html
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: