Views
Helpful
Replies

Regarding Cisco AP according to Temperature

jain.manish94
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Team, 

can you please help regarding below question , it is very urgent. 

1. which AP i can use if there is 15 Degree Celcius Temperature, Please suggest can i buy 3802I AP ? or what would you suggest Please help. 

2. I have one open area like warehouse 75 Meter Horizental, 35 Meter Vertical. Please help me out how many Cisco AP 3802I i have to buy. 

Thanks

Manish Jain 

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@jain.manish94 wrote:

2. I have one open area like warehouse 75 Meter Horizental, 35 Meter Vertical. Please help me out how many Cisco AP 3802I i have to buy. 

If you want to do this right, you need to get a wireless site survey done correctly. 

which AP i can use if there is 15 Degree Celcius Temperature, ------ can you give me al least this question ans i think for this there is no site surwey required. right ?

15C is nothing. That temperature band/range is a normal operating temperature for all the APs.

Leo is right... I was thinking it was for freezers. Look at the ap you want and then scroll down to environmental

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-3800-series-access-points/datasheet-c78-741682.html#Productspecifications
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Here what does means Nonoperating (Storage)  -- 30* to 70* C

Operating Temperature 0* to 40*  for 3802i AP

Look at the data sheet, if the model does not fit between the temps, you will need to look at an enclosure. You are better off speaking with a Cisco rep or a VAR for their suggestion.
-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Being around this industry for a long time, most everyone will not be able to provide you with a solution to your question. When you are looking to deploy a new wireless system in any building, a wireless site survey is suggested. The engineer whom has experience and have done this many times in the past and has all the equipment can determine what access points you need, what external antennas you may need, possible enclosures and the main thing, ap placement. What is in the warehouse, the layout of product, supplies and equipment, where wireless is required, how high up wireless will be used, what equipment will be connected, etc are all questions that need to be answered. Keep in mind, once you buy, have cables pulled, it’s too late to make changes. You will not be able to fix any guesses.
As far as what ap, all AP’s have a temperature rating in the data sheet, look there. If an ap you want to use doesn’t support the temperature you need, then you have to look at an enclosure from another manufacturer like Tessco.
Again, there is no way anyone here can provide information that can make your install successful. You either just need to hire someone to help or performs site survey and provide suggestions, or you go with the 3802’s and use your experience from how your other warehouses have been done and get feedback where the complain the most and figure out where to place access point which will also help you with density.
-Scott

jain.manish94
Spotlight
Spotlight
which AP i can use if there is 15 Degree Celcius Temperature, ------ can you give me al least this question ans i think for this there is no site surwey required. right ?

Look at the outdoor access points if you want an ap that has wider temperature ratings. It’s up to you now to determine which one and then where to mount these. Or else, like I already mentioned, you can use an indoor ap like the 3802 which you mentioned inside an enclosure. Search “Wireless AP NEMA enclosure”.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/wireless/outdoor-wireless/index.html
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card