Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove SFPs from WLC in HA mode

alejandromx1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I have a wlc 5508 in HA connected to a core 9500 switch and they work fine. The 5508 WLCs are connected to each other directly through the RP port. Each WLC has two SPFs connected to the 9500 switch in LAG mode and on the switch they are configured as portchannel 1 and 2 with the same characteristics. By necessity I have to remove one of the SPFs from the WLC that is in Standby and the other from the 9500 switch. My question is if doing this will have any impact on the wireless network? Will the WLC in Standby change to maintenance or will it remain in standby mode?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Wouldn't it be better to power down the standby for this until finished, then the primary keeps a 'clean mind'.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Wouldn't it be better to power down the standby for this until finished, then the primary keeps a 'clean mind'.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

saravlak
Spotlight
Spotlight

Technically, removing one SFP from its group shouldn't cause any wireless/primary interruption, however, it can be done after hours just in case.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card