cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reproduce ISE's features with a simple radius !

salilai01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi evreyone,

Many days ago, I tried several way to profile client, with using only WLC but now, I conclude that I have to use a Radius in the aim to imitate the ISE, try to reproduce many features of it with script, MySQL ...

but realy, I don't know where can I begin, this is why I'm asking you.

some experiance on this?

Many days ago, I tried several way to profile client, with using only WLC but now, I conclude that I have to use a Radius in the aim to imitate the ISE, try to reproduce many features of it with script, MySQL ...

but realy, I don't know where can I begin, this is why I'm asking you.

some experiance on this?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't think you will find your answer here. If your trying to be able to profile clients without ISE, then your really on your own. Maybe just wait for v7.5 which has a feature to profile with the WLC and see if that's feature will work for you.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I mean "just"

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Eduardo Aliaga
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Sali

"profiling" is not a standard feature for radius servers. You can only have "profiling" with an advanced radius server

Certainly Cisco ISE is great advanced radius server, but you also have PacketFence which works along FreeRadius.

Please see the link about packetfence features

http://www.packetfence.org/about/advanced_features.html

Also this link about Cisco ISE vs PacketFence

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2218588

Please rate if this helps

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Sali,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

• Profiling is not supported for radius servers. We can only have "profiling" with an advanced radius server

Hope this will help you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card