Views
Helpful
Replies

Resetting WLC password through WCS

Hatem_Hamdi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone please provide me with the steps to follow to reset the WLC credentials using WCS.

Best Regards,

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is there a reason you want to change the password from the WCS and not from the WLC? If you are locked out, here is a good link from George's blog

http://www.my80211.com/home/2009/12/27/recover-your-wlc-password.html

I tend to add another management user from the WLC or WCS and then you delete the old username and create it again with the new password.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

The reason why I would like to reset the password from WCS is that the password recovery did not work on the WLC. I went through all of the steps but after resetting the password I am still not able to log to the WLC.

Best Regards,

Are you able to add another management user from WCS? You can always push out a CLI template from WCS to the WLC.

-Scott

I am novice at WCS. I don't how to add a management user or to push a CLI template.

Follow the instructions in this release notes. If your version varies from this, just look up the release notes for the version you have. This should be close.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/7.0/configuration/guide/7_0temp.html#wp1261256

-Scott

Here is the command for the CLI to create a new username

config mgmtuser add username password read-write

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card