Views
Helpful
Replies

RFID tag update with WAP371 and WLC 3504

Kishore3488
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know if I can see CCX packets sent from RFID tag can be observed on WLC 3504 by using WAP371.

To check the tag I wanted to check the connection from the WLC to the WAP, so I connected WAP371 to the port 1 of WLC 3504 and used show ap cdp neighbors all to view the connected APs. I couldnt see the WAP371 connected to port1 in the output of the command.

Is there any configuration change to see WAP371 in the WLC 3504?

Is it possible to see CCX updates with this setup? 

Thank you,

Kishore.

4 Replies 4

Kishore3488
Level 1
Level 1

HI, 

Does anyone have an update on this?

Thank you,

Kishore.

I don't think the WAP371 can be managed/used by the WLC 3504 as they are completely different product families:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

I think you need some Aironet or Catalyst AP for this, but I'm not entirely sure.

Hi Patoberli,

I connected CIsco Aironet AIR-AP1242G-A-K9 to the WLC 3504 controller. I can see that the controller is detected from the AP in Service  -> CDP section (attached screenshot of the same). When I do a CDP in WLC with show ap cdp neighbors all or show ap cdp all the access point is not listed in the output.

Is there any extra steps I need to see the AP in the WLC?

Thank you,

Kishore.

Without looking into the release notes, I'm 99% sure that the AP1240 series is too old for the WLC 3504 with minimum software 8.5 and not anymore supported.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card