Views
Helpful
Replies

Roam from N to G cell while being on a call

Ivaylo Georgiev
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

Let's say I have a network, consisting of let's say 5 802.11n-capable APs and 5 802.11b-capable APs. If I start a call while being in an 802.11n cell, and then I move to an 802.11g cell, is that going to cause my call to drop?

Thanks in advance for any opinios shared.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In a perfect world I would say no. Having 802.11b access points in your environment throttles down your network this is certain fact. Is your network voice grade ? Are your aps properly channeled ? Are your aps all on the same code, I assume not code wise.

For the good of your network I would replace the access points ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In a perfect world I would say no. Having 802.11b access points in your environment throttles down your network this is certain fact. Is your network voice grade ? Are your aps properly channeled ? Are your aps all on the same code, I assume not code wise.

For the good of your network I would replace the access points ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

I guess the only way to find out would be to test it.

And by the way, I would love to replace them, but it's just not in my control to get extra money.

Having a blend like that I might expect some issues.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card