Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rogue APs detected in channel 0?

I was conducting a study on spectrum utilization around my managed network (100 LAP1142N APs controlled by a 4404 WLC).

I gathered statistics of rogue APs via SNMP (object bsnRogueAPChannel [1]) and found that many rogue APs were detected in channel "0". What does it mean?

[1] http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?objectInput=1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.2.1.7.1.26&translate=Translate

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I think it would be interface no "0" , not a channel number.

Thanks for your response, abwahid, but I don't think it refers to the interface, it is channel number. The description of the MIB object is:

"bsnRogueAPChannel: this is the channel number of the last detecting APs, which has detected this rogue."

Besides, for different rogue APs, this same object shows values between 1 and 13, as expected (in Europe). So I still don't know what bsnRogueAPChannel = 0 means.

*** Edit ***

Sorry, wrong OID. The one you were referencing is suppose to display the last channel detected. Might be broke, but try to setup a rogue AP yourself on a specific channel and see if it does or doesn't detect it probably. 

-Scott

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card