Views
Helpful
Replies

RRM not assigning 40Mhz channels automatically

aflbakker
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

In the past with 8.2 code I was running into CSCve24687 (https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCve24687). In our case this meant a lot of AP's on channel 36 power level 1 (I'm focusing on 5Ghz for now).

In the meanwhile we are running 8.5.151.0 but I see that the issue remains (meaning AP's that had issues with 8.2 are displaying same channel assignments with 8.5). I tried the global restart for both 2,4 and 5Ghz but no luck. It looks like AP's that are newly installed with 8.5 are not suffering from this issue.

If I configure an AP for a static channel assignment it directly changs to a 40Mhz channel. If I revert it back to auto it keeps the 40Mhz channel width. It also changes from 36 to something.

Is there another workaround known ? We've got many AP's suffering from this issue unfortunately and I don't want to reconfigure them manually.

6 Replies 6

Is it single WLC environment or multi WLC environment ?

Rasika

2* 5520 HA setup (so 4 physical devices). they are in the same mobility domain but AP's from WLC X do not see AP's from WLC Y (geographically separated).

@Leo Laohoo I did not try disabling the DCA because it is production environment. What does happen if you disable it. Do all AP's revert to default values ? That would be bad in our case. 

No, DCA will just STOP.
But I'm not saying "disable" DCA. I said "disable and re-enable DCA". So this means disable DCA, hit Apply, enable DCA, hit Apply.

:) Yes I understood it correctly.

I think we'll raise a TAC to verify. 

I'll keep the thread updated.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
According to the Bug ID (if the integrity is to be trusted), disable and re-enable DCA will fix the issue. Has anyone tried this before?
If the issue persist, raise a TAC Case.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card