Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SAME SSID FLEX CONNECT AND LOCAP AP

HI

Here is the thing, I need to add some FlexConnect AP of a remote Office to my WLC and I have  to spread the same SSID that I use at my local office using local AP.

I read some post and it says that the only option is to activate the option "FlexConnect Local Switching" in the WLAN that i want to spread, my dude is if this has some effects in my central office. I have my dudes because the post is from 2015 and the cersion of my WLC is 8.5

Regards to all

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Enabling that on the wlan has no affect on local mode access points. It’s basically a flag for only AP’s setup as FlexConnect mode.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

thanks Scott, with that option enable the AP in Flex connect will spread tha same SSID but the user data will remain local (Remote Office) ???

Regards

Hola Pedro,

You need the AP in FlexC + the SSID advanced tab with the Local Switching enabled. The SSID's are advertised/broadcasted no matter if the AP is Local Mode or FlexC (I am running a pilot with both options at the remote site), on my case I am using AP Group/Interface to achieve that (there are another options to do this). Then you have to decide if you want to NAT/PAT the traffic locally using the same AP VLAN IP, have additional local VLAN's or Central DHCP (different options available). I think you need to read more about this feature. Send me a private message with your email so I can share what I did on my case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card