cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Same SSID for Flexconnect Local Switching and Guest Anchoring?

Nico Bellack
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've a question. We've a centraliced Foreign WLC (virtual) and a Guest Anchor WLC.
We use guest anchoring with 802.1X for our (untrusted) mobile devices.

Now we want to implement Local Switching for our Domain-Clients.

Is it possible to use the same SSID for 802.1X Local Switching AND 802.1X Guest Anchoring?
We've a ISE and it would be a good solution for us to decised via ISE to loca Switch or anchor a device.

Best regards

Nico

3 Replies 3

Hi

Virtual WLC does not support Mobility/Guest Anchor. Would you intend to use your Virtual to do that?

Anyway, If I understood your desired scenario, I'd say it is not possible.

When you create an SSID in the Foreign WLC in order to anchoring it to another WLC (Anchor)  on the DMZ, you need to setup this SSID accordingly. 

All traffic collected on this SSID will be sent via tunnel.

Hope I understood you and this is what you ask, otherwise, you correct me please.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

You're right. The vWLC is not supported as a Guest Anchor Controller, but as a foreign Controller.

Our Guest Anchor is Hardware (WLC 2504 at this Moment).

Yesterday, I read some Cisco Live Breakout Session Presentation and I found some concepts for Guest Users, where Cisco uses more than one WLAN (different ID and Profile Name) with the same SSID for example for differentiating Guest Portals in ISE. 
I hope, I can use this concept to create two WLANs with the same SSID. One for local swiching and one for Guest Anchoring.
I have no idea what's happened if I have two WLANs with same SSID on one AP.
Next week I will test it.  

It looks like you are right. I tried to configure a second WLAN with the same SSID and the same Authentication Methode (WPA2/802.1X) and got an error, because the Authentication Methode can not be the same on both WLANs.

It's too bad.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card