Views
Helpful
Replies

Scaling guest network with wlc

dan.letkeman
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

We currently have a guest network available, and we are growing at a rate where the subnet I have is not large enouph to handle all of the users on the guest network.  Without creating a separate WLAN and attaching it to another subnet is there any way I can have one WLAN (GUEST-WIFI) and have it tunnel back to the controller but still have separate subnets for various buildings like I have with H-REAP?

If not what is my alternative for setting up a guest larger guest network?  Standard WLAN's, and manually trunk separate vlans back to the controller?

Thanks,

Dan.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dan,

this is pretty easily achievable. The feature is called "AP groups". Check in the "WLAN" tab.

You can create groups of APs and each group can have a different mapping SSID-interface.

So for each group you will be able to decide what will be the interface for SSID guest.

You can then do it building-based or floor-based if you want to .

Hope this helps,

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dan,

this is pretty easily achievable. The feature is called "AP groups". Check in the "WLAN" tab.

You can create groups of APs and each group can have a different mapping SSID-interface.

So for each group you will be able to decide what will be the interface for SSID guest.

You can then do it building-based or floor-based if you want to .

Hope this helps,

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Ah, I knew it would be possible.  Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card