Views
Helpful
Replies

Second management interface on WLC 2504

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi all,

i got a WLC 2504 and got an "untagged" (VLAN 0) "management" IP 172.27.2.10/26 (first /26 subnet).

can i remote access the WLC by creating another management interface, say "ap-management" using VLAN 10 and IP 172.27.2.66/26 (next /26 subnet)?

2 Replies 2

Brett Verney
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I don't believe you can do it with the 'AP-Manager' interface. However you can enable management on your dynamic interfaces using the commands:

config network mgmt-via-dynamic-interface {enable | disable}

With this configuration, 'wired' clients will only be able to access the WLC via CLI, while wireless clients can access the WLC via CLI and GUI.

You will also need to enable MGMT via wireless (if desired):

config network mgmt-via-wirelss enable

To confirm the status of the feature, use the command:

show network summary

Mgmt Via Wireless Interface................. Disable

Mgmt Via Dynamic Interface.................. Enable

Regards,

Brett

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For CAPWAP, the controller requires only one management interface to control all inter-controller communications and one AP-manager interface to control all controller-to-access point communications, regardless of the number of ports.

you can allow clients to access WLC but its not recommeneded. attached screeshot of configuration

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card