Views
Helpful
Replies

Simulating honeypot on specific channels of 5GHz

Muhammed Adnan
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Experts,

What are the possible means of simulating HoneyPot attacks on the specific channels?

The one I often prefer is Kali Linux. But the problem is the adaptors (Proxim / ALFA Networks AWUS036H) are quite obedient to regulatory domain and they just won't be able to simulate the Honeypot on UNII-3 channels. 

My requirement is to test honeypot on all the specific channels of 5GHz. What are the other easy means of accomplishing the same?

4 Replies 4

Hi

Not sure if I understood correctly. If you want to deploy a honeypot, why dont you create an SSID on the 5.0 Ghz radio? 

Why you want to specify the channel ?  Once you create a SSID is up to the Client and the Access Point to negotiate the channel.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

//Why you want to specify the channel ?  Once you create a SSID is up to the Client and the Access Point to negotiate the channel.//

Thanks Flavio for the response.  What you are saying is absolutely correct, however I am running into an issue that my Access Points are failing to detect honeypot on UNII-3 channels only while It detects it well on all other channels. 

@Muhammed Adnan wrote:

failing to detect honeypot on UNII-3 channels only

What country code is the AP/Controller configured for? 

Manually configure the AP (use RF Profile) for UNII-3.  Use smartphone or tablet and see if the SSID is being broadcasted.

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try the WIFI Pineapple 

https://www.wifipineapple.com/

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card