cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simultaneous Dual Band AP?

pschoolmeester
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not terribly familiar with cisco's WAPs outside the small business models and I'm trying to find an "inexpensive" autonomous AP that supports 802.11n, simultaneous dual band, and internal antenna.  Are there any comparison charts showing which access points support simultaneous dual band?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is a comparison chart

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps10981/at_a_glance_c45-636090.pdf

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I see where it says that it 2.4 and 5.0 radios, but not that they can both be in use at the same time.  Are all of the non-small business APs with dual radios capable of working on both frequencies at the same time?

I see where it says that it 2.4 and 5.0 radios, but not that they can both be in use at the same time.  Are all of the non-small business APs with dual radios capable of working on both frequencies at the same time?

Said who???  Single- or Dual-band radios work simultaneously.  It doesn't make any logical sense if they don't.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your requirement sounds like the 1042.

I actually looked at this one and saw that it has the "Band Select" feature.  From the sound of it, I assumed it was like the WAP321 where you can choose to operate at either 2.4 or 5.0, but not both at once. When I click the link for more info on this feature I get a 404 not found.  Is my interpretation incorrect?

Band Select is useful when you have a wireless LAN controller (WLC), if you don't, then disregard this bit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card