Views
Helpful
Replies

Site Survey- Clarity

Prasan Venky
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Al,

Can anyone explain site survey for the existing setup..? As per my understanding, we need to do active survey for the first time to find the coverage holes and the second time to overcome the issues by new RF planning/adjusting the AP locations to avoid the coverage hole.

Is this the recommended way or we can directly go for RF planning if customer says they are facing the issue with the existing environment?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can do either an active or passive. I would never use an RF planner tool at all. What you can do is do a passive survey of the existing environment and look for areas in which do not meet the RF requirement for what the client requires. Then you can add access points to those areas to help meet the requirements.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can do either an active or passive. I would never use an RF planner tool at all. What you can do is do a passive survey of the existing environment and look for areas in which do not meet the RF requirement for what the client requires. Then you can add access points to those areas to help meet the requirements.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card