Views
Helpful
Replies

Slowness with Cisco Aironet 1815

steph746
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I recently moved to the US from Japan and my company requires that I use their Cisco Aironet 1815 device. I have Verizon Fios gigabit service and am using the Verizon provided router.

I've connected the Aironet to the Verizon router and find that my network speed is very slow. I am not sure if I set up this device properly.

Would someone be able to let me know what I should do to use this device properly?

Thank you very much in advance.

1 Reply 1

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Sorry there's really not enough information to help you properly. 

Presumably the AP is configured on your company's WLC so you'll need to talk to them about checking the config on the AP for you.

Basic stuff you should check:

- Have you checked the network speed over a LAN connection to your router?  If that's good then that confirms your internet connection is good.  If not then talk to your service provider.

- If the speed problem is only over WiFi have you checked that your PC has the latest WiFi driver installed?  Old/outdated driver software is a very common cause of problems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card