cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Config on a LWAPP

tim_roper
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to configure an SNMP string on a lightweight access point (LWAPP)?  WCS is running version                               7.0.164.3.  The 4402 controller is running version 7.0.98.0.  The LWAPP is using image version 7.0.98.0.  I can access the LWAPP using SSH and get to the enable prompt.  Below are the commands I'm using.

AP01>ena
Password:

AP01#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.

AP01(config)#snmp-server community mycomm ro

AP01(config)#exi

AP01#wr
Building configuration...
[OK]
NVRAM Verification Failed

AP01#

If there is a way to add the SNMP community from the controller or WCS, please let me know.

Thanks,

Tim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

ok..  Please correct me if my understanding are correct.. "You would like to poll LWAPP Via SNMP"?? is this right??

If So.

You cannot poll the APs directly, but will be able to get AP statistics by polling the WLC.

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do u need the SNMP config on the WLC and WCS?? or the MIBS on  the AP??

Regards
Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

I have SNMP community strings on WCS and WLC, but I want a RO string on the AP.  I would like to be able to query the AP with a SNMP monitoring software (i.e. Solarwinds).

Hi,

ok..  Please correct me if my understanding are correct.. "You would like to poll LWAPP Via SNMP"?? is this right??

If So.

You cannot poll the APs directly, but will be able to get AP statistics by polling the WLC.

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi Sirbg

can you please let us know how to ....

''You cannot poll the APs directly, but will be able to get AP statistics by polling the WLC ''

What configuration is required in the Monitoring Software and WLCs. I am using OPNET VNE Server

Add your OPNET VNE Server as a trap receiver on the WLC under SNMP settings

once added try to poll the way u normally poll from any server to the WLC IP with the OID of the MIbs and it should work fine

Regards
Surendra BG

Hello Dear,

I have added the WLC in the same way with SNMP but LAPs are coming in Solar Winds as "unknown" device. 

I am not able to get any data about APs, (inventory, image, etc.)

Do you have another way to get it done?

Thanks,

Bilal

Tim,

I'm curious if you ever managed to get your LWAPPS configured with SNMP to be queried by monitoring software. I am currently setting up Solarwinds Orion and would be great to get visibility of my Cisco WLAN this way.

Regards,

Jon

Nope we cannot directly do anything on the LWAPP. its VIA the WLC

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi man

usually when u poll some IP on some OID u know what's it about, this is not the case for this tread. could u pls share reference with MIB?

I was never able to get it working.  I can only do a ping monitor from Solarwinds/Whats Up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: