Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP TRAP ON Secondary WLC 5508

Hi I'm Louis,

I work on 2 WLC 5508 with version 7.4 and Prime Infrastructure 1.3

We have activate AP SSO to work with a primary and secondary controller.

We have added the controller to Prime infrastructure and activated SNMP.

We receive correctly the alarms on Prime.

But when we work on Primary WLC, and the secondary crash we haven't got information about that. No SNMP received.

That is normal ?

Thx for your reply

Regards

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is it normal... it shouldn't be, but it seems like AP SSO does things unique per say.  Many of the alerts or lets say all of the alerts really only come from the primary not the HA pair.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

So, if we have a problem with the secondary WLC we are not informed about that ?

Even if the redundant port goes down ?

Well.... did you get an alert when the HA pair crashed?  I just don't think you will, but I could be wrong.  Don't have one to test with.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

When I switch on the secondary WLC after turning off the first, I have no error indication on Prime. Even on the redundant port. Normaly if I switch off one of both WLC , this port goes down !?

So my question is how can I be alerted that there had been a switch form the primary to  the secondary or the secondary doesn't work if the primary work correctly ?

Thanks.

You can't. I believe Cisco know about this and you might be better off putting a feature request also.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Ok , Thanx for your time and your help.

I found nothing about that in cisco documentation, just for snmp was disable on Service Port when we enable SSO but not more.

Have a good day.

I find this, in Monitoring and Troubleshooting the Redundancy States

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/1.2/user/guide/chgdevconfig.html

On my primary controller, in SNMP => Trap Log , I can see :

RF failure notification ErrorType: 34 Reason :Lost Peer, Moving to Active-No-Peer State! => When I unplug RP link

RF progress notification unitId: -1407319963 peerUnitId :14 unitState: -1407319863 peerUnitState :5

RF progress notification unitId: -1407319963 peerUnitId :14 unitState: -1407319863 peerUnitState :9  => When I plug the RP link.

So I can see the trap on my controller but there is nothing in Prime ...

Any ideas on this issue ?

satdubey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can monitor following details of redundant WLC after WLC 8.7 code and above.

Article :- https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-7/High_Availability_DG.html

• show redundancy peer-system statistics – peer statistics
  • redundancy detail
  • redundancy summary
  • redundancy statistics
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card