Views
Helpful
Replies

Spectrum clutter when configuring manual bandwidth

Torken
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am configuring Cisco AP 9115AXI in my lab. I have several AP.

I want to configure 80Mhz channel width in my RF profile, there is my rf profile configuration :

ap dot11 5ghz rf-profile high_speed
 channel chan-width 80
 no shutdown

I am using WinFI software to analyse the wireless configuration, and I can notice that channel used of my APs are all set between 36 and 48. So there is spectrum clutter when I am generating data flow.

When I set the chan-width to "Best" option, frequency channels are correctly splitted but they are only 40Mhz

I read this wikipedia webpage, where I can see it is possible to set channels to an another frequency (I am in Europe) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels 

How can I split channel between my APs?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Cisco’s RRM requires a minimum of three aps that can hear each other before any calculations on channels and power is made. This also means that the AP’s are on the same controller or on controllers operating in the same RF group. DCA is by default 10 minutes unless changed. This is the setting that would make decisions on DCA and Power. If you don’t have this, then you need to just manually set the channels as RRM will not work and aps will use the default channels which you already see.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Cisco’s RRM requires a minimum of three aps that can hear each other before any calculations on channels and power is made. This also means that the AP’s are on the same controller or on controllers operating in the same RF group. DCA is by default 10 minutes unless changed. This is the setting that would make decisions on DCA and Power. If you don’t have this, then you need to just manually set the channels as RRM will not work and aps will use the default channels which you already see.
-Scott

that is interesting, thanks !

How can I configure channel manually for each AP ?

I can't find how here : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/ewc/17-1/config-guide/ewc_cg_17_11/new_configuration_model.html 

Do it from the GUI under Configuration > Wireless > Access Points >5 GHz Radios >Select your AP >RF Channel Assignment > Assignment Method > Custom

Then once you make your change, you can look at the config diff and see how that is implemented in the configuration under the ap.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card