cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SR-IOV required for Catalyst 9800-CL to run at maximum throughput only on intel x710 otherwise on lowered throughtput?

Filip Po
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

inside the Catalyst 9800-CL datasheet there is a reference about Maximum throughput (high profile with SR-IOV) should be 5 Gbps. If UCS server doesn't have intel x710 adapter with SR-IOV support but Cisco VIC1227, will the throughput be lowered to low profile without SR-IOV = 2,1 Gbps?

Is that right? It's mandatory to have SR-IOV and x710 to run on high throughput?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Okay, I was just asking to make sure. Well you have the info from guides what is required for that support.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
My suggestion is to review the manufacturers virtualization documentation on SR-IOV to make sure the server has the hardware and resources that support enabling of SR-IOV.
Doc:

With a high (enhanced) throughput profile, up to 5 Gbps can be reached on ESXi and KVM with the right set of network cards and resources (SR-IOV-enabled NIC card)

Are you planning on using the 9800-CL in centralized mode?
-Scott

Yes, I am planning to use Catalyst 9800-CL in centralized mode. So I am aware of bandwidth limitation.

Okay, I was just asking to make sure. Well you have the info from guides what is required for that support.
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card