Helpful
Replies

SRE for NME-AIR-WLC6-K9 Wireless LAN Controller

tnayak
Level 1
Level 1

1) Does a NME-AIR-WLC6-K9  work with a Cisco 2911/k9 router

2) Would a used one include the SRE?

3) If not, can the SRE be purchased separately -what is the part number?

4) I want to add 1-2 access points (AIR-CAP3702i) to my home network - would I be better off getting a 2504 or 3504?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I'm not sure about the module for your router, so can't answer that.

About your home network, do you already own the 3702i?
If your budget allows, get the newer 3504. Otherwise I'd get an 18x0 series with mobility express and use that one as a master. It's not as powerfull (configuration wise) as a 3504, but for a home network more than enough. The 3702i can then join it as subordinates. Here you find more information about this:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-8/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_8/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_8_chapter_00.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I'm not sure about the module for your router, so can't answer that.

About your home network, do you already own the 3702i?
If your budget allows, get the newer 3504. Otherwise I'd get an 18x0 series with mobility express and use that one as a master. It's not as powerfull (configuration wise) as a 3504, but for a home network more than enough. The 3702i can then join it as subordinates. Here you find more information about this:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-8/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_8/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_8_chapter_00.html

Thx!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card