Views
Helpful
Replies

SSID Per WLAN

seth.jones
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

Is there a doc available for setting up multple WLANs, with having each wlan on its own vlan?

THanks

Equipment:

2106 WLAN Controll

Aironet 3502 AP

4 Replies 4

Peter Nugent
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here you go Seth, if you have any specific queries as you go on don't hesitate to use the forum.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00805e7a24.shtml

Yes, this seems easy enough. However, I am having issues with the dhcp.  I am attempting to do this with dual ISPs.  The secondary interface sends out the dhcp broadcast, but does not get a response. 

If I am trying to run directly out of the WLAN Controller to the ISP switch, is there anything specific I would need to do?  I am still not able to get this to function properly.

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You careate logical interfaces on the WLC, right? (Controller -> Interfaces). and those interfaces are mapped to WLANs.

what you need to do is simply choose the interface (which determines the VLAN) from the WLAN that you create. This way your WLAN is mapped to an interface which maps it to a VLAN.

You'll find Peter's link very useful (+5 Peter).

Regards,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: