cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SVI - GW IP Address assignment

IT-LDI
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working on setting up a vlan and need to use SVI along with this. I'm having trouble figuring out what IP address is assigned to this.

Is this an IP address of an existing device, or would this be an IP that I would assign?

Thank you,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

you config your WLAN, 
you config the Interface under WLAN, this interface represent the VLAN so here you have 
WLAN-VLAN 

SVI IP address is Gateway for this VLAN.

for example WLAN-MHM 
VLAN 10.0.0.0/24
SVI will be 10.0.0.1/24.

View solution in original post

If 10....1 is not use to config interface in wlc, and it not assign any where in your network, then yes you can use it as svi ip.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

you config your WLAN, 
you config the Interface under WLAN, this interface represent the VLAN so here you have 
WLAN-VLAN 

SVI IP address is Gateway for this VLAN.

for example WLAN-MHM 
VLAN 10.0.0.0/24
SVI will be 10.0.0.1/24.

Thank you for that information.

Our network is a /16

We use 10.110.1.x

So would 10.110.0.1 be the default gateway for the SVI then?

Thank you,

If 10....1 is not use to config interface in wlc, and it not assign any where in your network, then yes you can use it as svi ip.

I'm thinking the SVI needs to in the phone system range which is in the 192.x.x.x. This is what the wireless IP phones are in.

Thank you,

I see that doesn't seem to work since the WLC Wlan doesn't see the access point anymore. I will give it a try with the IP address configuration for our network since the phones are able to see this IP network. 

IT-LDI
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: