Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP IOS Upgrade -> Permission denied - Cisco AP

aarfan27691
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

im trying to giving a AP a Lightweight or Autonomous Image (both not working). The AP has no image rn and it is blank. It is a AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9

(It had both images kw7 and kw8 but when i deleted it and tryed to do it myself then it didnt work)

ap blank.PNG

-When I try to xtract the .tar data then:

Unbenannt6.PNG

These are the commands that Im giving the AP:

Unbenannt.PNG

-I can also ping the AP with my Laptop (My laptop IP:  10.200.15.97)

-I dont have a default router but i think i also dont need one (WLC is PoE and the AP is connected with it)

-btw tftp_init is not working (someone told me i also dont need it)

Unbenannt..PNG

This is my tftp Sever:

Unbenannt...PNG

Unbenannt.....PNG

Unbenannt1.PNG

Unbenannt2.PNG

Unbenannt3.PNG

 My windows setting:

Unbenannt4.PNG

My laptop IP:

Unbenannt5.PNG

5 Replies 5

aarfan27691
Level 1
Level 1

I researched so long but couldnt find a solution. I rlly hope someone can give me a helpful advise

Have you tried to upload the image using the mode button?  Try a different tftp server also... I run multiple just in case one gives me issues.

How to upload an image on an AP where the image has been erased, and the AP is stuck on the ap: prom... - Cisco Community

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

jagan.chowdam
Level 4
Level 4

Did you follow the below URLs for Step by Step procedure

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-mobility-documents/access-point-rommon-recovery-ap-prompt-recovery-example/ta-p/3119495

Make sure your windows firewall is turned off along with any other enterprise antivirus/security/firewall applications you are running.

Can you send output of the following commands:

dir flash:

Thanks,

CJ

""Please rate all helpful responses""

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Useful tips above from the others. 

In the screenshot you provided above for the tar command you've typed the wrong IP address (.95 instead of .97)- so you're telling the AP to TFTP from itself so no surprise it got permission denied! 

More generally that would happen when a file is not WORLD readable on unix/linux, on Windows it depends on the server you use, best to make sure the file and folder permissions are set to allow EVERYBODY to read the file.

And you don't need Windows TFTP client, unless you're using it to test your TFTP server.  I seem to recall Windows TFTP client has a habit of setting the file it gets as read-only - just be aware of that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: