Helpful
Replies

torrent working with bittorrent block AVC

starling
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone.

I have a problem on my WiFi network.

On WLC switched on AVC profile with blocking 'bittorrent', 'bittorrent-networking', 'encrypted-bittorrent'.

If i start torrent through campus wifi network it isn't working as expected, but if i start torrent on another net(my own cellular as example) and then switch to campus Wifi, after torrent get peers, torrent is working.

How to block torrent traffic completely?

Cisco WLC AIR-CT5508-K9

Soft 8.3.102.0

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There are open caveats in this software release related to AVC however not specific to your symptoms. It's always good to use the Cisco TAC Recommended AireOS versions, chances are you will be hit with fewer bugs and save yourself time on troubleshooting.

Just make sure if you do pick a software version to upgrade that it will be compatible with your AP's associated to the WLC.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
AVC does not work well on 8.3.102.X. Update the firmware and see if it improve things.

There is known bugs for AVC with this soft version or it's just suppose?

There are open caveats in this software release related to AVC however not specific to your symptoms. It's always good to use the Cisco TAC Recommended AireOS versions, chances are you will be hit with fewer bugs and save yourself time on troubleshooting.

Just make sure if you do pick a software version to upgrade that it will be compatible with your AP's associated to the WLC.

I've used this exact version before.
And I've configured BT to be blocked.
All I remember was it didn't work until I upgraded the firmware.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card