Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshoot 1532i AP 5Ghz working but not 2.4Ghz

sossie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have a 1532i Outdoor AP, and inside the building some 2602 AP's all running on a vWLC on the latest firmware.

Recently we had complaints that some clients were unable to roam outside where they would expect to get coverage from the 1532.

We did some wireless analysis and found that the 1532 was no longer visible on 2.4Ghz, but it was visible on 5Ghz

So the reason some clients could roam was that they changed to a 5Ghz channel. The ones that couldn't roam were devices that only had 2.4Ghz.

What I would like to know is why would the AP 2.4Ghz channel no longer be working? I have checked interface radio 0 and its up.

What other diagnostics can I do on the AP to diagnose the issue?

We do have a spare AP that we can put up, but I'd really like to see if I can confirm its definitely faulty as it costs a lot of money to get a cherry picker in to replace the AP.

Thank, Simon.

5 Replies 5

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

What is the current status of the radio on this access-point in the WLC and did you already try to disable and enable the particular radio?

Current status of the 2.4ghz radio is up, and have shut it down and restarted.

what is your architecture ?

Troubleshooted with TAC. Believe it must just be a faulty AP. Have put a new one in and its ok.

Thanks,

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

yes please share your architecture so we further drill down,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card