cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable License in 5508 controller

Adnan Khan
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to install additional AP license in controller but  "Command" option is not showing under Management -> Sofware Activation section to install license also I tried via CLI and getting error " License Installation is blocked by secondary controller"

I have WLC in HA and secondary is Hot standby. Please suggest how I can install the license. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- No that's not what I mean, what I mean is to power down the secondary to avoid the initial problem you have when installing the licenses on the primary.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Shut/power-down the secondary , wait a bit , and try this again. If it then works , power-up the secondary. Licensing-capabilities will be synced between the primary and the secondary.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks for the reply.

You mean if I power down secondary WLC. "command" option under Management -> Software Activation -> Licenses will re appear again?

- Basically make sure only the secondary is powered-down, install the licenses, power-up secondary , wait a bit, verify licensing-status afterwards (indeed).

M.

- No that's not what I mean, what I mean is to power down the secondary to avoid the initial problem you have when installing the licenses on the primary.

M.

I will do that tomorrow and update here in both cases success or faliure.

Hi,

Many thanks for your support. Actually, the unit secondary was Active that is why I was not able to install the license however, I kept disconnected the secondary unit during license installation.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card