Views
Helpful
Replies

Under AP Join it shows Ethernet MAC as 00:00:00:00:00:00

shrijan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I have AIR-AP1562E-B-K9 Mesh outdoor AP. It was working before.

Today i have found in WLC, under AP join, it is not showing real ethernet mac address but instead showing 00:00:00:00:00:00.

But the ap has received the ip from DHCP. I can ssh to the ap and can ping the gateway as well. 

Since it is showing 00:00:00:00:00:00 ethernet mac address it is not joining the WLC.

AP Not joined.png

Thanks.

Regards,

shrijan

5 Replies 5

Hi

I recommend you to console into this AP and run the command "clear capwap all-config". Wait for the AP try to join and monitor logs on the console.  In case it does not join, share the logs here.

Make sure everything is OK in "Security" "AP Policies".  Outdoor APs requires permition in order to be accepted on the WLC.

Hi @Flavio Miranda 

Thank you for the reply.

"clear capwap all-config" did not work. So i reset with the reset button.

After i reset i have captured the log file and attached here.

Also now AP is getting IP from dhcp.

Thanks

Regards,

shrijan

Hi

I didn´t see any log related to capwap.  Either log file are imcomplete or this AP is not capwap mode.

Can you send the "show version" command please?

jonlopez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi  Shrijan,

Were you able to solve the issue? I am having the same issue on my side. Thank you.

I would suggest you open a new thread so that you can supply information about your implementation and issue so that it is easier to help you.  Just a note, when AP's have a hard time joining, you typically will see this issue.  Even if you don't, the fact that the ap is not joining, there are steps to follow to try to resolve that.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card