Helpful
Replies

University WiFi Indoor_ Help me to give solution

ducbabyball89
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Have a nice day to everybody

Now, i have big project. My company intend to deploy Wifi University.

Over survey, there are about 34 blocks that need cover wifi as follow imageHNUE.png

As order from university, they want to use wifi cisco and controller.

Over survey, For covering is full university, to be need about 370 APs.

Please help me give solution for that as seri AP, controller.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well I would go with the 3600's for indoor and the 1552e for outdoor MESH.  I would also do redundant 5508's with 500 AP license, because you might actually get close to the 500 limit.  Without surveying and really seeing what you need, your only guessing.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Just remember with outdoor mesh, your RAP (root AP) will have a wired connection and the MAP's will need constant power.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Thanks Scoott

Please give me a reason why you decide to use seri 3600's for university environment

I just use indoor.  Can you give me some scenarios and reference about solution to university

Thanks

Sure...better throughput and has the ability to have AC module installed.  Most education I have done is with the 3500's and the 3600's.  Not many with 2600's but you can also look at that from a cost perspective.  The 3600 is a 4x4 where the 2600 is a 3x4.  Take a look at the reference guide below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps10981/at_a_glance_c45-636090.pdf

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Just to add.... works better in high density areas:)

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

hi

Theare a problem i dont sure when i rearch wifi cisco controller.

Data from client connects internet go over controller firstly then pass gateway ? correct?

Thanks

There is two different ways. If the AP is in local mode, the traffic is tunneled back tot the wlc and from there egress out on the network to the gateway for that subnet. The other mode is FlexConnect in which you can tunnel back traffic like in local mode or local switch traffic so that is dumps out in the switch that it is connected to.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: