cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade AIR-SAP2602E-E-K9 to lightweight

sprosons
Level 1
Level 1

We have a mixed environment of autonomous and lightweight access points. Previously I have upgraded 1242s from IOS based operation using the CiscoAironet-AP-to-LWAPP-Upgrade-Tool-v34.exe application. This works great and we don't have to visit site.

When I try this method with the AIR-SAP2602E-E-K9 I get access point not supported. On Cisco support there isn't a tool listed under the appropriate section. Is there another method to remotely make an auonomous 2602 into a LWAP without needing console access?                  

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes.  You can simply TFTP the image into the AP, just like a normal IOS upgrade.

The purpose of the tool was so if you had older AP, prior to 6/2005 IIRC, the tool generated the SSC so that the AP could join the WLC.

All AP manufactured afrer 6/2005 have a MIC, thus they do not need the conversion tool.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to add to Steves post.... the tool stopped being supported on the 1252's, so yes, that will not work with the 1252's or later AP's.  Since your AP's are 2602's you can just use the archive download-sw command.  Thats what I do.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card