Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade autonomous AP1231/1242 --> Controller-based AP1602

foosterh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am looking for suggestions on how to approach an overnight upgrade from autonomous AP1231/1242 deployment into a 2504 controller-based AP1602 deployment.

I do not have access to the existing 1231/1242 deployment ==> I need to ask network manager for all necessary config info to be ported onto the 2504.

Example: the 1231 show run output does not list the various SSID that are in use.

Therefore the question is: which commands' output do I need to ask to have all possible config data from 1231/1242 to use when configuring the 2504/1602 deployment.

Any suggestion / best practise is more than welcome.

Thanks

Fred

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The show run, will/should show you every thing that is configured on the AP.

So you'll get all the configured SSID, what VLAN, and any encryptions that are being used.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't think this is going to work.  You see the 1230 AP won't be able to run 7.4.100.0 firmware, which is the firmware you need to run the 1600 AP.

You may have to either leave the 1230 running in autonomous or replace the 1230.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card