cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Catalyst 9800-L-C

nstr1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Catalyst 9800-L-C running version 16.12.05 and I want to update to version 17.3.5a, but my controller has the 1852E access point and I see that version 17.3.5a only supports the 1800I series access point.
is there any way my 1852E serial access point is supported???

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-3/release-notes/rn-17-3-9800.html#id_88396

5 Replies 5

Can you share the entire Part Number? 

On the compatibility Matrix, if you look for 1852 only, it is supported up to the 17.8.1. But, if you add the E at the end, it show only Cisco IOS XE Gibraltar 16.10.1.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html .

This is the access point.

If we stick with the 1800 series, you are pretty good but this E makes me wonder. On the Compatibility Matrix we can find him specifically and seems no support.

If I were you I would take sometime and fire up a virtual WLC 17. something and test it.  Unless someone here comes with certainty. 

I can´t  afirm right know you are good to go, honestly.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1800E is supported.  

This is just a "document bug".  Please raise a TAC Case, for the following reasons: 

1. So someone can fix the "document bug"; and
  2. If, in case, 1800E is not supported TAC can "witness" the issue (so they will not waste anyone's time) and knock up a device pack quickly.

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As Leo mentioned 1852E and 1852I both are supported in 17.3.5a. If you see the release notes it mentions "Cisco Aironet 1800 Series Access Points", this means any AP part number which starts with AIR-AP18..... is supported by 17.3.5a. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card