Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade of AP1200 to IOS failed

After upgrading th AP1200 to IOS with the conversion image the unit fails to start, when conencting a terminal to the consoleport you got this message:

Testing DRAM...

(press <esc> to bypass)

DRAM OK

Power-on reset.

Copyright 1996-2000 Cisco Systems, Inc.

Copyright 1984-2000 Wind River Systems, Inc.

System ID: 000B5FE7B971

Motherboard: IBM405 200MHz, 8192KB FLASH, 16384KB DRAM, Revision 04

Bootstrap Ver. 1.00: FLASH, CRC 1C914641 (OK)

Initialization: OK

Memory Bank total used left

DRAM 16742624 0 16742624

Config 524288 0 524288

FLASH 7602176 0 7602176

Memory Bank:File address size encoding type flags

Type '=3D' for main menu.

c -- Copy file

f -- File dir

l -- downLoad file into DRAM

u -- Upload file

p -- xfer Protocol

n -- coNsole

r -- Run

s -- System info.

Looks like the image was not saved into the flashmemory

5 Replies 5

kmarrero
Level 4
Level 4

If you have a backup copy of the following files

EnterpriseAP Sys xx

EnterpriseAP Web xx

Inflate Ver. xx

350 Series FW xx

AIR-RM20 FW xx

AP Installation Key

AWC_ConfigDB

You can try to xmodem transfer them into Flash of AP . If you do not have a backup copy but have

the similar AP you can copy those file to you PC using xmodem and then transfer above files to

failed AP that had its flash erased from the failed VX-IOS upgrade process . Then , copy the AP

Installation Key from DRAM into Config , copy the AWC_ConfigDB from DRAM into Config and restart the

AP

Try the VX-IOS upgrade process again as per the Cisco Documentation provided with the upgrade

image.

If you do not have backup or above procedure fail, then replacement would be the only solution.

I tried copy the upgrade image to DRAM with XMODEM and then copied the four files that was extracted from this file into flash and then rebooted the AP. Then the upgrade process started and the AP come up as an IOS AP1200.

I did not copy any installation key to the AP, are that file needed in IOS mode?

I also have a dead one like this. Can i copy the files from a Aironet 350 Series to 1200?

Installation Key is unique for every device, there are crtical functions associated to it and once lost the only option left is to request Cisco to RMA that device.

Regards

Raja

All the entries that you see in the DRAM or config should be copied to flash, the Installation key or VAR key should always be copied, loosing the installtion key will lead damaging the device completely.

Also every key is unique, key for one device will not work on another.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card