cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade WiSM WLC 4.2 to 7.0 path needed.

scottsassin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that has 4 WiSM1 blades in a 6500 chase.  Each controller is running 4.2 code.  I need the upgrade path from version 4.x to verson 7.x  I already know that the WiSM1 blade is end of life.  The latest code came out in April of 2013. 

Also, is there any other thing that needs to be upgraded to make this happen, such as the Field Service Code(firmware)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Read the Release Notes and scroll down to Table 1-1.  It will show you the matrix to upgrade the firmware to 7.0.240.0.  If you have, for example, 4.2.173.0 then you can upgrade directly to 7.0.240.X.  Otherwise, you need to upgrade first to 4.2.209.X and then you can make a final upgrade to 7.0.240.X.

such as the Field Service Code

Yes, it would be recommended if you can upgrade the bootstrap too.

Another thing, before the final upgrade to 7.0.240.X, contact TAC and ask them to publish to you the latest engineering release of the 7.0.240.X.  Nothing much, it'll just give you some additional bug fixes.

Recently, I was able to get a 7.0.240.6 from TAC.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Read the Release Notes and scroll down to Table 1-1.  It will show you the matrix to upgrade the firmware to 7.0.240.0.  If you have, for example, 4.2.173.0 then you can upgrade directly to 7.0.240.X.  Otherwise, you need to upgrade first to 4.2.209.X and then you can make a final upgrade to 7.0.240.X.

such as the Field Service Code

Yes, it would be recommended if you can upgrade the bootstrap too.

Another thing, before the final upgrade to 7.0.240.X, contact TAC and ask them to publish to you the latest engineering release of the 7.0.240.X.  Nothing much, it'll just give you some additional bug fixes.

Recently, I was able to get a 7.0.240.6 from TAC.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for the ratings, Scott.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card