Upgrading 1852 mobility Express AP

Adnan Khan
Level 4
Level 4

Upgrading 1852 mobility Express AP

Model: AIR-AP1852I-E-K9

current version: 8.5.161.0

Target version : 8.10.151.0

Upgrade was failing. Do we have any middle version to upgrade first from source to target image?

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try this version - as suggested in the document - 8.10.112.0

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/mobility-express-aironet-access-points/215410-convert-capwap-1852-access-point-ap-to.html

Also try different browsers if you upgrading using GUI.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

You mean I have to upgrade to  8.10.112.0 then  8.10.151.0? Please note that I am not converting to ME . It is already running ME version.

First upgrade to 8.8.130.0  and then to 8.10 version.

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286285803/type/286289839/release/8.8.130.0

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Adnan,

As per my experience working with the same AP model, you can directly perform the upgrade. There is no upgrade path to follow. My upgrade went like this.

1. Download the AP Pack from Cisco.com

asd.JPG

2. Unzip the files in the TFTP root folder (all the files must be avaialble in TFTP root). you need to have a working TFTP server for the image transfer.

3. Then configure the ME WLC to access the TFTP server Management>>Software Update, Set the transfer mode as TFTP, TFTP server IP, TFTP File path and then save. (important to click save)

4. Then click on Update button. You will see the process on the GUI (Management>>Software Update), once you see that the the pre-download is completed is ticked, then save the config again and proceed to restart the ME WLC. (Advance>>Controller Settings>>Restart Controller)

Depending on the CAWAP AP's associated to the WLC, the whole process should take around 20 to 30 mins max. 

Rich R
VIP
VIP

If you search you'll find plenty of posts about this with a variety of solutions.

You didn't mention the error you're getting when it fails but it usually mentions flash space.

Another approach to try instead of playing with different versions is to save a backup of your config, convert the AP back to CAPWAP AP and then convert to ME on your target version and then restore your saved config.

Yes it was flash error although space was available.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card