cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Users cannot connect to shares or sync Exchange via company wifi

administrator35
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am posting this because my users can connect to the company wifi (guest and private) with no problem.  They can use the internet, but nobody can reach network shares, nor can they setup or sync Exchange email via the wifi.  Currently, anybody with a smartphone must be on 3g or 4g in order to get their email onsite.  Laptops with wifi capability must be connected via ethernet cable in order to get to network shares and email.  I've searched and searched, but cannot find anything on this.  Anyone have ideas?                  

4 Replies 4

lariasqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Administrator, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for your inconvenience, to provide you better support could you please tell us what device are you trying to configure? Are you trying to reach an internal server?

Thank you for this information,

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Luis,

I am using a Cisco ASA 5510 with two Cisco AP 2600's.  After digging in their configuration settings, I was able to see that the AP's IP addresses are completely different than our internal IP's, which would explain why Exchange isn't able to sync.  Unless I am misunderstanding how they work, shouldn't they be giving out the same Ip scheme as the ASA?  (i.e. ASA IP scheme: 10.0.10.XXX, AP IP scheme: 174.XXX.XXX.XXX)

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jye

Hi Jye, this is the Small Business forum, in this case you could post in "Email Security". You can move your posting with the Actions panel on the right. You can get more feedback about your issue in this other topic.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/security/email

I hope you find this answer useful

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Luis,

Would this really be an email security question?  It's not just e-mail that cannot be accessed via the business wifi, but any other network share as well due to the AP's not allowing the client to talk to the ASA.  I'd think it was a configuration issue for either the ASA or the AP's, right?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card