Views
Helpful
Replies

Users joined to wrong access point

hfaisca
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need some help for a problem, what is happening is that when users try to authenticate themselves on the corporate network (dot1x), they will associate to the AP farther (35 meters), instead of the closest AP that is 5 meters away.
Different checks have already been carried out, such as:
- We disconnected the AP further away and customers no longer see WiFi, corporate and guest networks.
- Checked if APs are all in the same AP and flexconnect Group.
- At the switching level, if there was a loop or flap or errors in the interface, we did not verify any error at logs.

- This controller provides WiFi to other branches and there are no similar problems on other sites.

Attached is the logs taken from a user.

I would appreciate your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Well it seems like the near ap isn’t working. If any device can’t see the ssid from that ap on either 2.4ghz or 5ghz and the configuration is good, then swap out that ap or reset it.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Well it seems like the near ap isn’t working. If any device can’t see the ssid from that ap on either 2.4ghz or 5ghz and the configuration is good, then swap out that ap or reset it.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try it, return feedback as soon as possible.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@hfaisca wrote:

We disconnected the AP further away and customers no longer see WiFi

Is the "closest" AP in the same AP Group as the furthest one?

yes it is.

Is the AP radio enabled?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: