cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using a 2802I with Mobility Express image as a Standalone AP

tuvell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2802I with a Mobility Express Image (8.10) that I want to use as a standalone AP.

I have configured through the CLI and it has an IP through the DHCP server on the network it will belong to but I can't seem to acces the WebGUI or the SSID (doesn't show up/shows up as Hidden Network) the light keeps flashing "Green, Red and Black" which seems to indicate that it's not primed but I can't see a way to prime it. All documentation just seem to indicate that i will automatically start Chirping Green but it seems that I failed to set it up properly and I can't seem to do it right.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Rich R
VIP
VIP

First: 8.10.x.x? What version exactly? Suggest to make sure it's latest as a starting point.
Second: did you follow https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/810/user_guide/b_ME_User_Guide_810/getg_started.html
Personally I've never used the over-the-air approach so I'd suggest using CLI.
So if in doubt reset to factory default and start again with CLI.
Remember you need 2 IP addresses from DHCP - 1 for AP and 1 for WLC.

Thanks for the reply but I just got it working, I tried following the guide you linked to but i'm probably not smart enough to fully understand it, instead I followed this video "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38f5VLp-qnI" and just changed to the IP:s to suit my case and that worked.

Hi, Guys. I hope all of you are doing well. Today I come with a Video Tutorials on Cisco. In my Today's Video I am going to show you How can you Configure a Cisco-AP as Local-Wireless Controller or as a Mobility Express Types AP which acts as a Local-Wireless Controller. Here I am doing this on ...
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: