Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Lobby Admin with 3850 IOS-XE 3.3.x

Hello,

perhaps a somewhat stupid question, but how can I generate and manage over the lobby Admin Guest acounts? 

A Looby-Admin was created on the 3850er switch, but how can I connect to the switch as a lobby-admin? Just as with the Airospace WLC does not work? In the documentation I can find no instructions? 

Thanks for your quick help. 

Greeting Alexander

3 Replies 3

Hi Mohanak,

in the link I found this note: 
Guest user credential management-A process by Which a sponsor or lobby administrator can create temporary credentials in behalf of a guest. This function might also be resident within to access control platform or it might also be a component of AAA or some other management system. 

Does this mean I need an additional instance over this the lobby-admin can create a guest account at the 3850? 

Can you explain that to me in more detail, many thanks. 

Greeting Alexander

Hi,

I think I've got the same question - but with a 3650. That document tells you how to configure the lobby admin account - which I've done - but then not how to use it.

What URL do I access to get to the lobby-admin webpage? I've tried logging in with the lobby credentials to the switch web-interface I'm using to look at the wireless GUI - ie. using the management interface - g0/0 - but that won't let me login. Does the lobby-admin work on the management interface - or does it need to be an SVI on the switch? My switch only has an IP the VLAN which is used between the APs and the embedded controller - which is isolated from the rest of the network. Would I need to use that interface instead? Is there a particular URL or just https://<ip of the switch> ?

Rob...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card