Views
Helpful
Replies

Very low throughput of AIR-CAP1532E-E-K9 Mesh AP Implmentation

mannygawadcco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, 

I am having a vWLC deployment with around 200 APs, vWLC is running version 8.0.152.0. 

I have a mesh implementation using AIR-CAP1532E-E-K9, I have total of 17 MESH APs, 4 of them are RAP and the rest are MAP, but i am having very slow throughput in the MAP AP.  

Is there anyone who has the same experience here and have managed to solve. 

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Well for starters there's always 1) Has the Mesh network been site-surveyed for good coverage 2) Is the RF environment sufficiently clean for making clean (/undisturbed) connectivity by clients.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For the MESH APs, remember that wireless is a shared medium, so all clients connected to the MAP, share the the medium back to the RAP.

Given you have 4 RAPs and 13 MAPs im guessing that even if the MAPs all directly connect to the RAPs this will mean that effectively 3 to 1 shared again.

Then there is the RAP wired backhall.

If you have client access on the backhall this will be compounded as well, as the backhall traffic will need to contest for airtime with the client traffic.

What SNR and RSSI are the MAPs seeing the RAPs? 

How many clients connected to the MAPs.

Are any of the MAPs have childs behind them as well? IE Multi hop back to the RAP.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks folks,

I was able to solve the issue!

the issue was, the antennas were installed in port 3 and 4, so we just move it to antenna port 1 and 2 and works as expected. 

Thanks

Manny

Have you made sure to disable the antennas port 3 and 4? On some AP models this is suggested if no antenna is plugged in.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card