cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN Issue on Aironet

drudich
Level 1
Level 1

We have two Aironet 2802i units...  AP1 is connected directly to a Cisco switch and is untagged on VLAN 100 (for management) and tagged on VLAN 30.  Clients can connect to this AP just fine, they get an IP address, and everything working perfectly.

AP2 is connected to a D-Link switch which is uplinked to the aforementioned Cisco switch.  The D-Link switch is connected to a trunk port (that has all of our VLANs tagged on it) on the Cisco switch.  The AP is connected to a port on the D-Link switch that is set for VLAN 100 to be untagged (for management) and tagged on VLAN 30.

This issue is that I can successfully access AP2 on the management VLAN (can SSH into it and whatnot), but when a client connects to the SSID on AP2, the client does not get an IP address from our DHCP server and it cannot connect to anything.  Even putting in a static IP does not help.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your help.  Turned out that the uplink port on the D-Link wasn't tagged for the WiFi VLAN.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi

Dhcp is essentially broadcast. Make sure the DLINK it not blocking it. 

Also, put on client as static IP and make sure DHCP is the only problem.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

I already tried a static IP - it still doesn’t work.

Try the other suggestion I made. Make sure DLINK is not blocking some thing.

If possible, try to put AP 2 on the Cisco switch just to make sure everything is alright.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Thanks for your help.  Turned out that the uplink port on the D-Link wasn't tagged for the WiFi VLAN.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card