Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan Support over Mesh with 1542D Ap's

swelsch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a setup with 1542AP's which i want to use to bridge two sites together. First Ap is ME and configured as RAP, the second as MAP ( Mesh ). Everything works fine, i can reach the AP over the Mesh link and i can reach a switch behind the MAP.

BUT: works only for the native Vlan, but i need in both sides 4 vlans, they should be bridged over the wireless mesh link. I did several test, with Vlan transparent ON and OFF, but the only vlan, that works fine, is the native vlan.

Does anyone have a good install guide, or a working version ? Is there a bug in any version

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Jegan Rajappa
Level 1
Level 1

I dont think you can send multiple vlans with Mesh mode AP which is working in Mobility Express (ME) architecture, ME is local switching architecture.

when you configure multiple WLAN profile in flexconnect AP, WLAN-VLAN mapping in flexconnect group helps to segment L2 traffic, when it comes to mesh there is no way to send multiple vlans.

I will setup L3 switch behind MAP and configure static routes in switches both the sides, Mesh link acts as backbone link in single vlan, so that your L2 domain resides locally within sites.

I hope this helps!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card