cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vWLC DHCP issues

stevep1969
Level 1
Level 1

This thread was opened two years ago but it received no replies so hoping someone can help!

I have setup a new Guest Wlan on our vWLC ( AIR-CTVM-K9 ). 

Its a in a separate subnet and VLAN and I have DHCP proxy enabled.

IP helper-address added to the WLC Vlan

However my test device - an Iphone 6 - is pulling DHCP address from the internal scope and not the new scope added.

The new scope is active.

Thanks for any help you can give!

4 Replies 4

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you have a help-address enabled on the VLAN then you should be able to turn off the DHCP proxy.  It should not be needed.

I'm having the same issue.

When I join the AP, get an IP from the DHCP scope of the VLAN my AP is in not of the vlan I have set to the interface associated to WLAN. Under the clients tab I see this...

So my first thought was it wasn't picking up the VLAN tag.  So I went into the flex connect options on the AP and checked the vlan support box.

Now it looks like it's getting the vlan info, but DHCP won't work.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Might be how your vSwitch is setup. If you disable DHCP proxy like p.dath mentioned and it still doesn't work, then review the vWLC setup and also verify that promiscuous mode is enabled.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/virtual-wireless-controller/113677-virtual-wlan-dg-00.html#definition

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott, Just checking config now. Promiscous mode is enabled btw.

One thing I`ve noticed is that the Service and Data ports on the VMWare esxi host are grouped together on one Vswitch and not separated which I don`t think is the best practice.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card