Views
Helpful
Replies

vWLC license dissappeared

fgasimzade
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Everyone,

We installed vWLC some time ago on a test environment and installed license for 50 AP. We tested it for some time and then forgot about it.

Recently,  we decided to implement it, but after restart on the Monitor tab we can  this text: 0 Access Points Supported

However, if I go to Management - Software Activation - License, I can see the license installed, Type - Permanent, Maximum Counts - 50, Counts Used - 50, Status - In Use

What does this Counts Used mean and why do I see 0 Access Points Supported?

Btw, access points are not able to join the controller

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

CSCuf74326

Symptom : Cisco Virtual Wireless Controller is given a valid license with an AP count. Installation of the controller is successful, and the show license summary command shows the license in use with the correct count. However, the homepage of the controller GUI shows “0 access points supported” and APs are denied association with the controller.

Condition : This issue occurs only when you provide a license file that contains only adder licenses and not the base feature.

Workaround : Request for a correct base feature AP count license file.

Source :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn74mr01.html

gohussai
Level 4
Level 4

Just Remove the old license and Re-install AP count license , i will start working again.

Its the same AP-count you normally received called the base ip count license.

Hope this help,do mention the answer correct when issue resolved. And do not hesitate to email me for any issue you still have.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card