Views
Helpful
Replies

vWLC migration from ESXi host to another

diomarga
Level 1
Level 1

Dear community,

Our customer is migrating all the VMware infrastructure (version 5.1) to new ESXi hosts (version 6.7). This includes a vWLC version 8.5.151.

Is there any documented procedure to move the vWLC from the current host to the new one?  Or maybe we have to deploy a new VM and restore a backup of the config? If so, what about the licenses? Rehost?

I've googled but nothing helfpul. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check this  thread :
           https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-security-and-network/how-to-move-vwlc-from-vm-to-another/td-p/3730633

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks for the reply, but I found that threat before opening this one, and it didn't help. Live migration is not posible because the customer is moving from VMware 5.1 to 7.6 and it's not supported, and the copy of the snapshot didnt' work with this VM. I suppose it's an issue/limitation of the VMware, but I don't have knowledge in virtualization. That's why I was requesting a procedure, if there's anyone.

I guess I'll have to call the TAC, but any ideas from the community are welcome.

Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card