cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Walled Garden

PWJPW
Level 1
Level 1

We have an issue with setting the walled garden up as we need it, we need to add a number of domains, some of which have many IP's. From what we can see the walled garden is IP based and only supports 32 IP's. Does anyone know of a workaround?

11 Replies 11

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is this with regards to?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We provide a guest wifi platform and we need to walled garden people during authentication, although we need some sites for the authentication elements and also where clients want to add in certain sites such as their own pre authentication

Are you using Web-Auth?  You can have up to 16 customized pages for login.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

One of the things we provide is social authentication through FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc and this is the main problem

You might have to look at a 3rd party guest portal page then. If your hitting the max entries, then your at the limit which there is no workaround. WebAuth is really for basic type of captive portal. You can do sometimes with it, but it's not like some of the 3rd party captive portal software/appliances your there.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the feedback Scott, we are actually a guest portal technology company (http://www.purplewifi.net) and we do have a work around for this issue but it isn't perfect, I believe there is some changes coming through in Q4 to moved to domain based walled garden but was interested if there were any other ways of handling it

Okay... well it might be best to work along side your Cisco SE maybe to get ideas put in front of the development team.  I haven't tested out too many of these 3rd party captive portals to know what limitations there are, but when we run into issues, I work with my Cisco SE and the folks at the BU to get things moved along.  Your solutions looks pretty cool though:)

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Thanks Scott, I believe we have it on teh agenda and hopefully a solution for Q4 - and we like to think it's pretty cool too, lots more to come with MSE integration we're just finishing

So you are planning on useing the analytics off the MSE too?

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

We are building in Hotspot 2.0 support, we already have real time vouchering and MSE will allow that to be done using geofencing along with some additional analytics

Good to know!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card